Thursday, May 25, 2006

New Shoes

When I was younger, my mother would take me to pick out a new pair of shoes from the store whenever it was necessary. It didn’t really matter which ones they were, but the moment we bought them, I had wear them home.

When we got out to the parking lot I found that I could run faster than ever before with my new shoes. With my new shoes, I could jump higher than my old shoes had allowed me to, and I could leap farther distances.

When the new shoes became worn and grew old, it was time to get a new pair.

It seems like when I buy shoes now, they cramp my toes up, or rub against the back of my foot and irritate the area back there. I can’t wait until I’m able to “break them in” so that they don’t bother me any more. It is when they are most worn and nearly falling apart that I find them the most comfortable.

My adaptability is weakening as I grow older.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Good job. Go on.
»

11:59 PM  
Blogger donteatpoop said...

I remember when I thought this blog was just going to be whimsical vague insights into the person that I am...

3:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home