Saturday, December 08, 2007

A dream fulfilled?

Today I did something that I have always wanted to do.

It just snowed last night.

I went to the gas station on my way home from work to fill up the tank. It was pretty crowded there.

I decided that I wasn't just going to dream about it anymore and I did it. I launched a snowball at a complete stranger.

He was an older man dressed with a stern face. He gave me the impression that he was one of those people who regularly snubs his nose at people like me.

It landed on the roof of his car and bounced harmlessly past him, but the roof bounce sprayed him a bit with a little snow. He glared at me and I stared right back at him as I packed up another snowball. At another pump somewhere someone laughed.

He was still glaring at me with his angry eyes as I threw the second snowball at him. This one hit his shoulder. "You are incredibly childish," he said to me.

"And you sir are no soldier," I said, packing another one.

That's when the missle came in at me; blasted me right in the side of the head. I turned around to see some guy about my age holding his hands in the air in absolute victory.

"That't it," I said. "You're dead." I returned fire.

Before I knew it, the entire area was engaged in an all out snowball war; the volley of snowballs was so intense that it blotted out the flaurecent lighting from above. Every one was fully engaged. It was glorious.

The man who was originally victimized by my terrorism drove away as his car took damage from hundreds of snowballs as the war waged on. Eventually the police had to come and break it up.

It was a night that I can never forget... Or could never forget if I had actually done any of this.

I wish I could work up the courage to do so, but everytime I play it out in my head I assume that someone is going to get wicked pissed and fail to relive the simple childish pleasure of engaging yourself in a snowball fight. 122

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger JP said...

When we're young we want to be older and when we're old we want to be younger.

wtf life?

2:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home