Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Friends

As I was leading my daughter to the car the other day(she's four), her little hand in mine, she cautioned me about crossing the road. "There's a motorcycle!"

She doesn't like motorcycles because they are loud and scare her.

We watched the motorcycle go past and I recognized the guy riding it as someone I went to school with.

When the bike was at the end of the street, Josie looked up at me in those big, curious eyes of hers and asked "Was he going to run us over?"

"No honey," I responded.

"How do you know?" She asked.

"I know him. His name is Tony." I told her.

"Oh, he's your friend?" She asked.

"No. I just know him." I explained.

"But you know his name..." She reasoned.

At first I thought "Aw, she's so cute." But really, shouldn't it be that simple?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home